Inspired by the text playlist I made a while back, I want to create a video playlist to serve exactly the same purpose: Get me pumped to keep creating and remind me of what matters in life.
If you're not in the mood for reading, this playlist might give you the necessary inspiration you need for your next endeavor.
Videos are intentionally curated for their short duration. #1 and #6 are kind of long though. Enjoy!
1) Alain de Botton on Status Anxiety - Alain is one of my favorite philosophers. He takes knowledge from the greats and delivers his material in a way that is both easy to understand and relatable for modern day people like me. I'd be lying if I said I never felt status anxiety. This video makes be feel a bit better, and helps me understand why this is so prominent in our day and age.
2) First Follower: Leadership Lessons from Dancing Guy - I love this video so much. It's a video of a guy dancing all by himself, and before long, it becomes a giant party with tons of people joining in! I create many projects, often by myself, and the road gets lonely, often to the point where I just keep thinking about quitting. But like this dancing guy, maybe I need to believe in myself a little more, and in other as well.
3) Everyone Is Lonely - We're all alone here, so maybe try to just be nice.
4) Cookie Monster, Life Coach - HILARIOUS! I love this. SO MUCH. Educational and funny at the same time. It always makes me want to eat cookies and milk though, haha.
5) Robert De Niro NYU Graduation Speech - In terms of graduation speeches, most people usually share the one by Steve Jobs or Jim Carey, but I think it's worthwhile to share one that's a little less popular, but just as good. I love Robert De Niro. I also went to film school, so maybe I'm biased. Sometimes I feel like I'm still just a recent college grad, positively blind to the challenges ahead of me. Blurbs: "Passion trumps reason" and "Rejection is often not about you". (Feel free to skip if you're not into the arts)
6) The Power Of Time Off - I'm slow. I work slowly. Talk slowly. And require a lot of time off to think clearly about how to approach my work. I love the fact that Tedx managed to promote a video about NOT WORKING in a world that demands that we work faster than ever. I think time off is powerful and essential to our lives, I'm glad Stefan thinks so too.
7) Tired of Your Bullshit - Nothing like a good rant to get you off you ass and getting to work. And who better than the suave Tyrese who sang all the baby making love songs of the 90s?
8) Secrets of Life - "Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you"
9) Ira Glass on the Creative Process - Any creative endeavor is rot with tons of obstacles. In moments like these, it's hard to stay motivated. Most of us quit. But Ira Glass reminds us that this is normal. Don't quit. Keep fighting.
10) Choice - "Realize that you can't make a mistake, whatever you do."
by Jason Lam